Monday, December 21, 2009

Spencer's Quilt

It's rare that I post pictures of my clients (if you don't count Tarrah and Susie...), but Spencer is just too cute, that I had to.

Look at that face! Adorable, right?

So, I'm making him a quilt. I found the fabric on etsy.com and I've been cutting for weeks. I got sick after Thanksgiving and I took a break but I finally finished today!

First Stack

Second Stack

Third Stack

Fourth Stack

Since each side will be a "front" (that is, there won't be a front and a back because I have enough fabric to do a beautiful "face" on both sides) here's one side laid out.

And here's the same side put together...
Quilts By Kate
...and a close up of the embroidery
Quilts By Kate


Quilts By Kate
Those are supposed to be birds in the upper right-hand corner. :-)

And here's the other side

close up:
Quilts By Kate
All quilts by kate are one-of-a-kind originals. A quilt like this would be priced at $400.00, which includes the embroidery.

Finished February 27, 2010

ETA: Spencer's dad sent these over and they're just too cute not to post:



This one just kills me. I am so in love with this kid!

No comments: