Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Jayden's Crazy Baby Clothes Quilt

My niece, Jayden, has finally started growing out of her baby clothes so the time had come to make a quilt out of them!

A close up of a few squares...



And of course the quilt as a whole
(which I think never photographs as well as the close ups)

For the back, her parents sent a bunch of receiving blankets. Rather that just piece them together in big chunks, I decided to try again the striped look that I like so much in ties.

On the sides of the stripes are big blocks of thicker blankets
with professional embroidery.


Overall I think it turned out really cute.

All quilts by kate are one-of-a-kind originals. A quilt like this would be priced at $550.00.

Finished March 2012

1 comment:

cheekybaby said...

Baby clothes
You have written wonderful article about baby clothes.I like yours article very much.The content of article is very productive.Honestly says you are a great writer.Well done Excellent job you have done!